Monday, August 30, 2010

Welcome to the New Weather Blog!

Welcome to the new weather blog everyone! This is not new to me. I have had weather blogs in the past, but haven't made enough time to continue updating them. I promise that I will update everyday and as often as I can throughout the day.

Lets get down to business!

Hurricane Earl is a nasty one folks. Category 4 currently with winds sustained at 135MPH. The big question has been, will it hit the east coast? As much as I want to give you an answer, I just can't. What I can say, however, is the faster Earl goes, the better chance it has of making a landfall. Why do I say that? Well, one heck of a cold front that spawned severe weather today in the Plains is headed eastward. As it does so, the hope is that it will turn Earl northward and eastward and away from the coast. Currently hurricane Earl is moving WNW at 14MPH.

EARL-5 DAY FORECAST TRACK

















Here is the GFS for hour 96...as you can see, no landfall, but very close.

















Ok now that we have Earl taken care of, lets talk about the weather across Kentuckiana....

The last few days have been hot, but we haven't experienced the humidity that we had earlier this summer. The great news is...as a cold front charges through on Thursday, temperatures will drop big time by Friday and especially for the weekend. With the good news, there is some bad news. As potent as this cold front may be, it will get squashed by a narrowing ridge. So, that much needed rainfall doesn't seem like it will materialize. However, a few areas could see a downpour. Again, the best chance for some rainfall would be Thursday night. Temperatures on Saturday may stay in the 70's. Louisville may also finally break there streak of 80's on Saturday. Besides all of this, there just isn't to much to talk about weather-wise. What does concern me is that after Thursday, chances for rain look very slim for several more days. I'll have more tomorrow! Everyone have a great night! :)

-Weather Forecaster Patrick Sumner

No comments:

Post a Comment